Canvas Help for Parents
What is Canvas?
Canvas is a Learning Management System we are using at Reeds Spring for students in grades 5 through 12. Parents can sign up for a free account in order to view the resources and activities posted in their child’s courses that are available on Canvas.
Parent accounts can:
- Read announcements, calendar, and course syllabus
- See a list assignments and quiz titles with due dates
- See your child's assignments and quizzes, but not his/her discussion posts
- View your child’s scores and progression of mastery of standards, (if teacher has set up)
- Use the Inbox to contact the teacher
- Set up notifications to get emails or texts for announcements, assignments, etc.
- View the Modules page, if available in the navigation
- View the Outcomes, if available in the navigation
- View files and pages in the course